When looking back at past Thanksgivings, Butterball has always been a part of the celebration, providing the best turkey and preparation advice. Today is no different. Here are some of the time-honored tips you can use this year.
- Keep it simple so you can enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends!
- Plan well ahead, especially if you intend to thaw a whole turkey. If you want insight into this, check out the Butterball Thaw Calculator.
- Buy a Fresh Butterball turkey and avoid the thawing process- and enjoy this year’s special Norman Rockwell packaging featuring the imagery from the iconic Freedom From Want.
- If you want a stuffed turkey, try filling it with a delicious prepared stuffing from Pepperidge Farm will please the crowd! A couple of add-ins such as plumped raisins, sautéed celery and onions add a homemade touch.
- For an easy side dish, consider oven roasting root vegetable chunks. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite herbs. Do this one day ahead and simply microwave on Thanksgiving Day!
- Keep to steady oven temperature of 325⁰F for turkey roasting.
- Use a reliable thermometer. At the point of pulling the turkey from the oven, it is a great reassurance to know the turkey has reached the perfect temperature.
- Download the Butterball Cookbook Plus™ App to discover tips and new recipes for both holidays and other everyday turkey occasions.
- Shield the breast area of whole turkey with a tent of Reynolds® Wrap aluminum foil about two-thirds of the way into the cooking time.
Don’t hesitate to host this Thanksgiving’s holiday meal! Let us help you to plan for roasting your holiday turkey and to manage any turkey-related details. Contact us by e-mail or on our website: www.butterball.com or call us at 1-800-BUTTERBALL. Find us on Facebook, Twitter or check us out on Pinterest or Instagram for holiday meal inspiration.