One of my most favorite parts about this time of year, other than gathering with family and that extremely crisp and cozy feeling in the air, is enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s, in a sense, a way to extend the holiday by continuing to enjoy the delicious food that you spent such quality time preparing. It’s also a great way to take the opportunity to get creative in the kitchen because you most definitely do not want to waste a single bite of all of that food. At least I don’t!
Oftentimes when you think Thanksgiving leftovers, you might just think of having the same meal that you had the evening before. Turkey, cranberry sauce, potatoes. All on one dish. This year, think outside the box and try this Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Apple Panini from Butterball. It’s essentially a more gourmet take on a Thanksgiving sandwich kicked up a notch with delicious melted brie, cranberry chutney, and a thick and hearty multi-grain bread. It’s the ideal meal to enjoy for lunch or dinner while cozying up to a football game. And it even tastes good cold, which makes it a win, win. If you are looking for more leftover ideas, check out the free Butterball Cookbook Plus app – there are tons of ideas!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
• 2 slices multi-grain bread
• 4 teaspoons butter, softened
• 2 tablespoons prepared cranberry chutney
• 1 tablespoon Dijonnaise
• 3 ounces leftover cooked sliced Butterball® Turkey
• 2 ounces sliced Brie cheese
• 3 slices unpeeled corded crisp apple
• handful of spinach
1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
2. Spread other side of one slice of bread with cranberry chutney; spread other side of second slice with Dijonnaise.
3. Layer turkey, Brie, apple slices and spinach over chutney. Cover with second slice of bread, Dijonnaise facing spinach.
4. Grill sandwich in heated panini grill 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut sandwich in half and serve.