March Recipe Rivalry
We are conducting a sweepstakes and giving away 5 turkey gift checks to fans 18 years of age or older who vote in our March Recipe Rivalry Sweepstakes on Facebook. To enter, please read our official rules and follow the steps below!
- “Like” Butterball on Facebook
- Comment on designated recipe rivalry Facebook posts (1 post in February and 4 posts in March), casting your vote for the winner of our weekly recipe sweepstakes. Entries to all posts must be received by Monday, March 28, 2016.
- Winners will be notified on Facebook by Friday, April 1.
Butterball® Facebook Sweepstakes Rules
All entries are due by 5:00 pm Eastern Time March 28, 2016 for the final drawing.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Butterball, LLC.(“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on Monday, February 29, 2016 at 9:00 am Eastern Time and ends on Monday, March 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (the “Promotion Period”). There are five separate weekly drawings.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, go to https://www.facebook.com/Butterball and “Like” us. To become a registered user of Facebook, you may go to https://www.facebook.com/ to register. Registration with Facebook is free. After you “Like” Butterball on Facebook, comment on designated “Recipe Rivalry” posts published every Monday, casting your vote for the recipe that should be entered into the final round of post on Monday, March 28. Limit one entry per person or email address. Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time March 28, 2016 for the final drawing. Winners will be selected randomly from eligible entries received during each week of the Promotion Period. Entries will not carry over each week. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one entry during the Promotion Period will void all entries and result in disqualification. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate illegal, sexual, or other messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, wishes to associate. Only one (1) entry per person per week permitted during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Potential winners will be announced on Facebook and notified via a direct message to his/her Facebook account and asked to respond with a direct message to Sponsor containing his/her name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Potential winner must respond within 48 hours of the direct message from Butterball. If a potential winner does not respond by the specified deadline above; he/she is found to be ineligible; he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules; and/or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries. Alternate potential winners must respond within the time stated in the direct message (at least 48 hours will be given to respond). The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor may require completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to award prize (except as prohibited by law).
- RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING: Up to Five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing on a weekly basis from from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries received during the applicable week.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): Each winner will each receive one (1) $20 Butterball gift check. Maximum total value of prizes awarded $100.00
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All terms and conditions of gift cards and gift checks apply. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering sweepstakes, you accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Parties and Facebook are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website or the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by April 20, 2016 to: Butterball Facebook Sweepstakes, ATTN: H. Agostini, Edelman, 200 E. Randolph, 65 Floor, Chicago, IL, 60601.
SPONSOR: Butterball, LLC, One Butterball Lane, Garner, NC 27529
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, and Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of Facebook. Facebook’s terms and conditions will apply to Facebook activity.